What is Tikettiturva?
Tikettiturva is an insurance for our customers. It enables returning the ticket price in case you will not be able to attend the event due to illness or death occurrence. The insurance is provided by the insurance company If Vahinkovakuutusyhtiö.
Tikettiturva compensates an unused entry ticket purchased from Tiketti if the insured person cannot attend the event for following reasons:
- The insured person’s or his/hers close relation’s death, casualty or unexpected and sudden disease that decisively prevents from attending the event. The decisiveness s is assessed on medical basis.
- Unexpected, significant economic disaster that has befallen on the insured person’s Finnish property and demands the insured person’s presence on accident scene.
- The insured person is sued to court room with legal proceedings dated at the same time with the event.
What is Tikettiturva insurance (pdf)
Tikettiturva is valid only on the ticket’s event. It insures the person who holds the entry ticket. Tikettiturva compensates the entry tickets original value if the insured person cannot attend the event for following reasons:
- The insured person’s or his/hers close relation’s death, casualty or unexpected and sudden disease that acutely detains from attending the event. The acuteness is assessed on medical basis.
- Unexpected, significant economic disaster has befallen on the insured person’s Finnish property and it forces the insured person’s attendance.
- The Insured is required to appear in court and the trial coincides with the insured event.
A medical certificate, police investigation record or summons to appear in court stating the cause of cancellation is a requirement for payment of compensation. The value of one ticket included in season tickets, series of tickets or a package of tickets is calculated by dividing the total value of the tickets by the number of events. Any claims based on an insurance contract has to be made to the insurer within one year from the date at which the claimant becomes aware of an in-force insurance policy, of the occurrence of an insured event and of the loss, damage or injury that resulted from the occurrence.
The criterion for the compensation is that the reason for cancellation didn’t occur prior to purchasing the Tikettiturva insurance or the ticket. Tikettiturva does not compensate for other expenses (like event related travel and lodging expenses) nor acquiring the medical documentation. Tikettiturva does not compensate for possible tie-in products and services related to attending the event.
In this context, the following are considered the insured's close relation: spouse, common-law spouse or registered partner, children, children of the spouse, common-law spouse or registered partner, foster children and grandchildren, parents, parents-in-law and grandparents.
Tikettiturva - insurance terms and conditions (pdf)
Insurance claim instruction
Applying for compensation is easy and quick. Claims for compensation are submitted online.
Apply for compensation here.
If for some reason you choose to cancel your Tikettiturva, you have the right to cancel the insurance within 14 days of the ticket and insurance purchase. The right only concerns consumers, not companies. Please note, that the tickets are non-redeemable!
In order to cancel Tikettiturva, please contact us via e-mail in email@example.com or by phone + 358 10 8431611 (working days between 10 am. and 5 pm.)
Your money will be refunded to you within 30 days after we have received the cancellation, provided that you have filed an insurance claim based on the Tikettiturva insurance terms.
In addition to the above-mentioned right of cancellation, you are entitled to terminate the insurance pursuant to Section 12 of the Insurance Contracts Act, the insurance to cease to be in force at the date of the notice of termination. In such a case, only that part of Tikettiturva premium which corresponds to the remaining period of cover shall be refunded. If the amount is less than 8 €, it will not be refunded. Please note, that the right to terminate an insurance pursuant to the Insurance Contracts Act does not apply to situations in which the originally agreed validity of Tikettiturva.
Tiketti insurance will not be refunded when the event is cancelled.