The Tampere Jazz Orchestra in the early 1980's included some of the best musicians from Pirkanmaa region. The orchestra's director and composer Kari Komppa received the Yrjö Award in 1982. The same year the orchestra performed in Pori Jazz and recorded that material for their album Makumoka in 1984. This evening's orchestra includes original band members, saxophonist-flutist Yrjö Punkari and keyboardist Heikki J Heinonen, as well as other incredible jazz musicians. This special line-up performs Makumoka material and pays tribute to Kari Komppa's composing work and past years of Tampere jazz scene.
The evening is opened by Lucjan Czaplicki Quartet. Czaplicki is also an original member of Tampere Jazz Orchestra.
Age limit: All ages
Time: Doors at 18:00
Ticket price includes 3 € cloackroom charge.
Under 18-year-old music lovers are welcome to G Livelab Tampere shows with an adult.
G LIVELAB TAMPERE - SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The concert will be held with a small audience capacity (max 70 tickets sold), taking into account 1m safety distances. Advance arrangements, safety distances and enhanced hygiene solutions aim to guarantee the safest possible concert experience for customers, musicians and staff. We ask our concert clients to follow our guidelines:
- Admission to the concert is prohibited if you have flu symptoms, are possibly in the infection chain or within two weeks visited in a country with high covid-19 risk. In case of illness, tickets have a money back quarantee.
- Avoid close contact with others. We guarantee seating for all guests. Places are filled in order of arrival. Our staff will guide you to and from the table.
- We recommend that you wear a face mask when queuing to and from an event. Masks are also available at the ticket office.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive and if you use the toilet.
- Please consider others when queuing.
- Please use the table service by ordering drinks and food via G Livelab app. In addition to the application, payment by cards and preferably by contactless payment.
- Do not drink from the same glass or bottle with others.
- In all cleanliness and hygiene, we follow the instructions given by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. We have trained our staff to follow all safety instructions. Our staff wears masks at events.
Sales closes at 3.2.2021 18:00.