This event has been rescheduled. Tickets bought for the original date 29.8.2020 are valid for this date as they are.
If the new event date is not suitable, you may return your tickets by 15.9.2020 by filling the form on our website www.tiketti.fi/returntickets
Additional concert due to high demand:
Kaija Saariaho, who was voted the greatest living composer by BBC Music Magazine in 2019, and composer/multimedia artist Jean-Baptiste Barrière will visit G Livelab Tampere with their visual concert Ekstasis in August.
This Visual Concert offers, through the performance of six works - three by Kaija Saariaho and three by Jean-Baptiste Barrière - for voice/instruments, electronics and video, a survey of twenty years of artistic research on the interactions between music and image.
Vocal and instrumental compositions, unfolds into electronics, which unfolds into video, in a continuous braid. A specificity of the visual conception developed by J.B. Barrière is to start from the musical score, considered as a scenario, and to deduct from it relationships, while avoiding visual repetitions and pleonasms of the music, rather searching for imaginal metaphors, prolongations or comments of music, auditory images. Another is the importance of live/realtime image processing, by the use of cameras tracking and capturing gestures and expressions of the performers, and transporting them into abstract worlds. Focalizing on structural interpolations of colors and timbres, this Visual Concert attempts to make emerge the inner structures that connect, dynamically, music and image.
ORDER OF THE VISUAL CONCERT:
Works by Kaija Saariaho:
"Nocturne" for solo violin
"NoaNoa" for flute & electronics
"Lonh" for voice & electronics
Works by Jean-Baptiste Barrière:
"Crossing the Blind Forest", for bass flute, piccolo & electronics
"Violance", for violin, child voice & electronics
"Ekstasis" for voice & electronics
Aliisa Neige Barrière, violin
Camilla Hoitenga, flutes
Raphaële Kennedy, soprano
Under 18-year-old music lovers are welcome to G Livelab Tampere shows with an adult.
Age limit: All ages
Time: Doors at 20:00
Ticket price includes 3 € cloackroom charge.
Under 18-year-old music lovers are welcome to G Livelab Tampere shows with an adult. Children under school age can enter gigs free of charge, for others tickets are priced normal.
G LIVELAB TAMPERE - SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The concert will be held with a small audience capacity (max 70 tickets sold), taking into account 1m safety distances. Advance arrangements, safety distances and enhanced hygiene solutions aim to guarantee the safest possible concert experience for customers, musicians and staff. We ask our concert clients to follow our guidelines:
- Admission to the concert is prohibited if you have flu symptoms, are possibly in the infection chain or within two weeks visited in a country with high covid-19 risk. In case of illness, tickets have a money back quarantee.
- Avoid close contact with others. We guarantee seating for all guests. Places are filled in order of arrival. Our staff will guide you to and from the table.
- We recommend that you wear a face mask when queuing to and from an event. Masks are also available at the ticket office.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive and if you use the toilet.
- Please consider others when queuing.
- Please use the table service by ordering drinks and food via G Livelab app. In addition to the application, payment by cards and preferably by contactless payment.
- Do not drink from the same glass or bottle with others.
- In all cleanliness and hygiene, we follow the instructions given by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. We have trained our staff to follow all safety instructions. Our staff wears masks at events.
Sales closes at 21.8.2021 20:00.